Saturday, August 16, 2014

New York state of mind..












This, by my standards was the definition of a successful vacation. This city is magical, I was in a complete state of bliss, if it wasn't obvious. From Brooklyn, to Harlem, to the Bronx to Harlem, there was just so much to take in. If I didn't think New York was the move before, I'm positive it's the move now. I love it, the history, the vibe, all of it. 






Brooklyn and Harlem were probably my favorite places. A lot of inspiration for some great pieces came from being surrounded by awesomeness in Dumbo. The Shake Shack is freaking delicious, Amy Ruth's in Harlem was yum yum yum! I don't know, I just felt so at home. It wasn't overwhelming, it was just the right amount of hustle and bustle. I almost lost my MetroCard a few times, trying to take pictures and fumbling with the camera bag, looking like a true tourist lol. 



But, as I write this post sitting on my couch, in sunny, humid, Florida, I miss my New York City home. All summer I was just excited to make money, get to New York and then go back to college. It came sooo freaking fast though man. I never once thought I'd miss summer, but I definitely will. Granted a lot of great concerts, projects and people are in the near future (Three days to be exact), I'm still gonna miss my summer of romance in the city. Buuut, fall is near and it can only get better! How was your summer? Are you ready for fall semester? Let me know.  

No comments:

Post a Comment